Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayPointParticleMtl Color Issue | VRay Instancer Particle Color

Hi!

I did some tests render colored particles.
    What I noticed is that VRayParticleTex reads the colors from the particle stream correctly, while VRayPointParticleMtl returns just black from the same alembic sequence using VRayProxy as loader for the particles. Please see the pictures attached.
    Is that an issue of VRayPointParticleMtl or is there something wrong with the format the color data is stored in the alembic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PRTColorIssue.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1068051

You can download the scene including the particle cache files here:
    http://download.stollvongati.com/Sto...2ColorTest.zip

Another thing that I tried is to render the particle stream as PRT sequence loaded with a KrakatoaPRTLoader and picked in VRayInstancer. But I can't find a way to get the particle colors work in the render material of the instancer or the instanced geometry (right particle stream in the attached image). Is that possible somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Hi again and sorry for pushing this! Is no one here who knows something about?

Comment

Regarding the VRayPointParticleMtl - it is an already logged known issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-3443).
      About the VRayInstancer - this is because the material is taken from the instanced geometry (which does not have the particle colors). If the specific colors are not crucial, you can texture the geometry with a screen mapped Ramp or use a MultiSubTex in the Random by particle id mode as an alternative.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Okay, thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X